3 words: GRAND.CENTRAL.STATION. Every minute spent in this city landmark makes me thank Holy Moses my parents planted roots in HoH rather than Great Neck or Ridgewood. Take last night for instance. I had dinner reservations with some friends at a restaurant on 43rd, so Linda and I met for margaritas at Zocalo in the lower level. Zocalo’s margs are reason in and of itself to take a spin back home. And they come in convenient sippy cups for the harried weekday commuter! Feinbergs love them some sippy cups! Anywho, here’s what Feinbergs eat at GCT, and a chart of comparison against it’s retarded brother Bilbo, Penn Station:
- The aforementioned Zocalo. Siiick crab cake sandwiches with guac on a toasted brioche bun and super cripsy, sea salty homemade tortilla chips. Gimme Gimme.
- Murray’s cheese – it’s prohibitively expensive, but they have the best Parmegianno Reggiano with little crystallized bits of goodness, and Bacon Peanut Brittle from the RedHead.
- Snow Crab legs and mustard dipping sauce from Wild Edibles. So damn good.
- Sleeve of popcorn from Zaro’s – an old commuter classic.
- Maple gingerbread gelato at Ciao Bella. Their plum sorbet doesn’t suck either.
- Coconut chicken fingers with cilantro dipping sauce from Dishes. Linda also loves their West African Spicy Peanut Soup.
- 1/2 Rotiserrie from Chirping Chicken. Moist meat, salty skin, easy to love.
|GRAND CENTRAL||PENN STATION|
|Midtown East, Serious Corporate Business||Setting||Herald Square/Penn Plaza, 7th level of Hades|
|Landmark chic; gleaming marble, soaring ceilings||Décor||Derelicte|
|Rich mahogany||Smell||30 years of old piss|
|Low to none; open spaces and lots of light||Anxiety Level||Xanax-inducing|
|Maryland She-crab soup and shellfish at the Oyster Bar||Dinner for 2?||Super Platter at Tad’s Steaks|
|Jo Malone, Tumi, O & Co, Origins, THE APPLE STORE||Shopping||The Petal Pusher (?), Tiecoon . . . . . . . . . . .|
|Astrological Ceiling, The Whispering Gallery||Claim to Fame||Krispy Kreme|
|Ceriello, Murray’s Cheese, Wild Edibles||Quick-Grab Groceries||Hypodermic needle and an 8-ball|
|the travel section at Posman Books||Train Reads||Nicholas Sparks paperback from Hudson News|
|Vanderbilt Tennis Club – tippy top||Recreation||Leisure Time Bowl; hobo-tastic|