S.O.S!! I cannot stop Pinning!!
Being a relative internet troglodyte, I’m surprised to have jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon early on.
For those of you living under a rock, Pinterest is the latest wave in “social media” platforms. It allows users to create visual boards where they can organize and collate items of interest. The site is particularly attractive to females planning seasonal/event/vacation wardrobes. From the brief surfing I’ve done on Pinterest, there are a lot of females out there planning wardrobes. A whole lot.
- The boards don’t allow you to move items around once they’ve been added, severely limiting it’s “pinboard” functionality. The whole point should be mixing, matching, seeing how one item looks next to another. They need to work on this.
- No e-commerce options yet. How awesome would it be to buy a complete outfit from different sources on 1 site, rather than opening 5 different windows and filling out 5 different transaction forms? Pinterest, get on it!
- The site makes you request an “invitation” to join. Which they then send to you 10 minutes later. I’m guessing some fools think this makes it exclusive? Nope, it’s wack.
- Pinning is fun! And addicting!! At least until the newest fad comes along . . .
- Superb outfit-planning capabilities.
- That’s all I got.
Anywho, here’s some things I’ve been pinning recently: